Thursday, February 21, 2013

My path

I have had an interest in the Pagan/Wiccan lifestyle for quite some time.  I chose this path because it is the one that felt right to me.  I have had several people who have tried to tell me that following this path is heathenistic, and unholy.  I have reason to disagree with these people.  I spent my childhood and part of my adult life being taught that there was only one God and that the only to be faithful and a good person was to go to church every Sunday.  One thing that changed my mind about organized religion was when I was only 17 years old.  I was pregnant and scared and had no idea what I was going to do.  The father of my child came from a very religious family and they made sure I knew how much of a heathen I was for deflowering their son.  They tried talking me into giving my child up for adoption and even had the balls to ask me if I was sure I wanted to have the child.  I knew as soon as the doctor told me I was pregnant that there was only one choice for me.  I would have my child even if it meant raising him/her on my own.  I went through the pregnancy well enough.  My son was born on February 15, 1992.  He was a beautiful child and I love him very much.  I was able to be a mother for a little over two years before I was taken to court and my son was taken from me.  I won't go into the whole sorted story because it would just bring up too many horrible memories of things I would just as soon forget.  Just know that this whole situation was one of the reasons I sought out a path that I could be comfortable with.  I chose to follow the path of Paganism because it is just a natural religion.  I love being outside and I love anything that has to do with nature.  I went astray from this path for a little while and I am now back on track.  I am doing my year and a day learning and I want to be initiated fully into the path.  It will most likely be a solitary initiation but that is ok.  I want this for me and me alone.  I want to be more in tune with the Goddess and the God and I am looking every day for books or anything that will teach me what I need to know.  I am interacting with new people online every day and they are being a big help to me as well.  I know that there is never an end to the learning and I will always be learning new things.  I hope to use this blog as a learning tool as well.  Blessed Be my lovelies.  Merry Meet and Merry Part and Merry Meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment